- Launch the "Tour Taiwan Years 2008-2009" campaign, realize and execute domestic and overseas publicity and promotion work, build a friendly travel environment, develop a diverse variety of Taiwan travel products, introduce and attract new sources of visitors, and achieve the goal of increasing the number of visitors to Taiwan to 4 million this year.
- Based on the concept of "appropriate grading of tourist facilities, concentrating investments, and prioritizing the order of investments", draw up a medium-term plan for comprehensive tourism development and construction, and strengthen concrete investment achievements.
- Reward industry staff for and encourage them to establish special language (Japanese, Korean) services; develop Taiwan Tour Bus marketing channels, assist travel service centers to achieve sustainable operations business and to strengthen the transportation services between scenic sites; and strengthen the tourism network's service functions.
- Raise the quality of lodging in recreation areas, promote private investment in construction of hotels, and encourage industry staff to improve lodging facilities so as to enable them to reach international standards.
- Actively promote training for staff who work in tourism hotels and other parts of the travel industry to improve service quality, enrich the professional knowledge of industry staff, help them master skills so as to provide enthusiastic service so as to attract overseas tourists to Taiwan.
- Through creative marketing methods, deepen outreach in Taiwan's main tourist markets, and develop emerging markets with potential; use incentives, encouragements, subsidies and?preferential benefits to encourage the travel industry to attract more international tourists to Taiwan.